NextMark’s management team has a proven track record of delivering some of the biggest and most secure marketing systems in the world:
Joseph Pych, President
Joe founded NextMark in 1999 with the mission of helping organizations reach their market through addressable media. Prior to NextMark, Joe built some of the world’s biggest marketing databases while with Exchange Applications and two mobile computing platforms while with Travelers.
Joe holds 3 US patents, has been awarded the DMEF Rising Stars Award, and is among BtoB Magazine’s Who’s Who List. Joe holds a Masters Degree in Computer Science from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and dual Bachelor of Arts Degrees in Mathematics and in Computer Science from Cornell University.
Chris O’Hara, Chief Revenue Officer
Chris O’Hara is NextMark’s Chief Revenue Officer. Mr. O’Hara was most recently Chief Revenue Officer for Looksmart, a search advertising technology company. Previously, Chris has held senior roles at TRAFFIQ, Reviewed.com, MediaBistro, and Nielsen. Chris is a member of American Business Media’s speaker’s bureau, the IAB’s Networks and Exchanges and Sales Executive Committees, and a contributor to industry publications including Business Insider, eMarketing & Commerce, Econsultancy, AdMonsters, MediaPost, The Agency Post, Adotas, ClickZ, iMediaConnection, DigiDay, and AdWeek.
In addition, Chris has published extensive research on the ad technology space, focusing on platforms and technology solutions that drive digital advertising. His recent publications include “Best Practices in Digital Display Media” (Econsultancy, March 2012) and “Best Practices in Data Management” (Econsultancy, December 2012).
Chris DeMartine, Director of Business Development
Chris DeMartine is Director of Business Development for NextMark, Inc. He was most recently the Vice President of Analytical Resources at ALC with previous management experience at IBM Corporation, Canon USA, and as a small business owner. In 2002, Chris was honored with the Ron Davis Young List Professional of the Year Award given by the Direct Marketing Association’s List and Database Council.
Chris is a board member of the VT/NH Marketing Group, a presenter on market trends and B2B sales and marketing, and has published over 30 articles related to market trends, list selection, performance benchmarking, and operational excellence. Chris earned his MBA at Drexel University in Philadelphia, PA and is a member of the Beta Gamma Sigma Honors Society.
Weiping Liu, Director of Software Engineering
Weiping Liu oversees the design and development of NextMark’s products.
Weiping brings more than 20 years software development experience with firms such as TomTom, isee systems, Tally Systems, High Performance Systems, and Concepts NREC. Weiping holds a Masters Degree from Dartmouth College.
John Swindell, Director of Client Services
John Swindell joined NextMark in 2002 and currently oversees operations, professional services and customer support. John has 20 years of experience in the design, development, implementation and support of large scale systems.
Most recently, John served as Director of Customer Value Management Sales Support for Xchange, Inc. where he sold and implemented customer relationship management systems to Fortune Global 500 clients including Citibank, National Westminster Bank, Commerzbank, ANZ, Acxiom, Dutch Railways, Vodafone, Hong Kong Telecom, and Hitachi. Prior to that, he worked as a consultant at American Management Systems where he implemented tax and accounting systems for the states of Mississippi and Massachusetts. John earned his BS in Management with Computer Applications from Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
Board of Directors
NextMark’s Board of Directors is comprised of experts in startups, marketing and technology:
- Mike Caccavale is founder and CEO of Pluris, Inc., a firm that provides guidance on marketing strategy coupled with high technology implementation.
- Carl Fremont is the global chief digital officer of MEC Global, one of the world’s top media agencies employing 5,000 people in more than 150 offices across 84 countries.
- Tim Litle is a member of the Direct Marketing Association’s Hall of Fame, runs Litle & Co. which ranked #1 on the 2006 Inc. 500, and is an active advisor and investor in the direct marketing industry.
- Carl Novotny is Managing Director of Venture Capital Fund of New England, a fund providing equity capital to emerging technology companies in New England.
- John Rizzi now “retired” was formerly the CEO of e-Dialog, Inc., a leading full-service precision email marketing company.
- Ted Spiegel is President of Spiegel Marketing Associates and General Partner of The Callahan Group, both specializing in strategic planning and marketing.
- Joseph Pych serves as the board’s chairman.